Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech Shootings

My deepest condolences go out to all the victims and their families of the brutal shooting that took place on the Virginia Tech campus earlier this morning. My heart felt the pain when I heard the news this morning. In 2003 my school, Case, was also a victim of a hostage situation which involved shootings and fatalities. I recall the atmosphere on campus and the danger that some of my classmates were put in and it just breaks my heart hearing that it occurred again only a lot more severe.

You know as much as we want to protect ourselves with fancy security on campuses, airports, federal buildings, and other places that we commonly attend, it is almost impossible to account for the psycho maniacs who just loose their minds and go around killing innocent people. If every destination that we often visit would have stringent security protocols it will put a hindrance on our life of freedom and promotion of social interaction.

So instead we gamble our lives on daily basis and take our freedom and existence for granted worrying about materialist issues which are not critical for survival, not knowing that one day an innocent freshman who is starting a brand new life will get shot up going to class while attend the school of their dreams. I am a strong believer of Darwinism and I think that we have to take this gamble and play the odds on survival. And when tragic events occur we all have to stay strong and support each other during these deep moments of grief and overcome the evil that haunted the Virginia Tech campus on 04/16/2007.

There were lots angels that got their wings today and they will watch the lives of those who survived today.

Again my heart goes out to all the ones in pain as I toast to them during my 26th birthday dinner.

No comments: