Friday, December 21, 2007

Why I hate Xmas

Here are top 3 reasons why over the years as I have gotten older and have grown to hate Christmas as holiday

1. It's a commercialized holiday in which people through the power of materialism express their love and care for others by purchasing gifts just so they can say I care about you because I bought you a gift. It shows the true careless and selfish nature of humans battling through stores and traffic grabbing gifts like there is no tomorrow and fighting people over who gets what like its the last drop of water left to drink. Meanwhile there are wars, starvation, withering environment, and government corruption going on around the world.

2. It depletes all productivity from work as people just become absolutely careless and lazy.

3. It's an excuse for people to spend time with their family because there needs to be some sort of celebratory event just to spend time with their family.

Please don't ask me about Xmas and what gifts I got because I don't care about people giving me gifts, it's fucking stupid. Having friends and family that care about me is that gift. And spending good time and sharing memories with them throughout the year is all I need. One day out of the year is not going to make a difference, seriously.

No comments: