Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas

It has been a really long time since I experienced a snow free Christmas in Cleveland and for that matter snow free December. We are so used to snow, that it was kind of weird having a Christmas tree, but no snow outside. I was all pumped, I got my new skis, but there is no snow. Overall, Christmas was calm, some good quality time laughter and sharing stories with family over several rich dinners filled with fine gourmet Armenian and Russian cooking, gotta love it! I also got to work on my new place for the past couple of days doing complete remodeling, kind of like what you see on the house make over show on Channel 5. I enjoyed it and looking forward to more of it because I am actually investing time for my own well being.

Well Christmas is almost over and I leave you with a poem that I wrote like in 8th grade to help us remember what a true winter is…

Magical Winter


When white winter comes, nature falls asleep,

The ground is resting under the snow that is deep.

The trees are like mirrors that give out a sparkling glow,

Falling down are fluffy flakes that are known as snow.

Like a flute, is the whistling of the chilly breeze,

Tiny drops of water begin to freeze.

A like a little baby, a bear is sucking on his thumb,

If I come outside my fingers become numb.

As I touch the sleek and clear surface of the lake,

The water wakes up and it starts to shake.

People say that winter is like a lady who is mean,

I just sit and stare at the most breathtaking seen.

No comments: